You are awesome. And amazing, and beautiful. This is your life. Stop being the supporting actor to your own existence; it is your life after all. Too many people live way below what they deserve, including myself. So here is my list that I practice to living in a kickass world.
1. I think everybody should own a ukulele. Or paint. Or write. Or dance like a frigging superstar. People need a way to express themselves, they just do. It’s not like they don’t have time to learn because obviously, they’re watching shit like American Idol. Reality shows offer nothing but hollow versions and the lowest common denominator of worldwide lifestyles. I suggest turning off the TV and pick up the ukulele. Stuff TV. TV sucks your soul.
2. You gotta go deep, and get into some kind of mad-scientist phase at some point in life, to where the good stuff is. Ask big questions, think crazy thoughts. Like when you wake up the next morning and look at it or listen to it, whatever you’ve done and you don’t even really remember. It’s your voice, your handwriting but you don’t remember doing it. You gotta get to an extraordinary circumstance sometimes to get to the good stuff.
3. Broken hearts, people dieing, that’s some heavy shit. But hang in there, I’ve always looked at the hard stuff like skating a ramp or wave — there’s transitions. And you need those transitions to really appreciate it all. To me, the difference between a person and how grounded they are and how amazing their outlook on everything, it’s in the transition, in the hard stuff they experienced. How will you ever appreciate an amazing bf or gf unless you have a complete dud loser, or love your job unless you have been unemployed and had a sucky dead end soul killing fast food position. It’s how you maneuver, I feel that’s where the transition comes in; that’s the moves on the wave that you make and trying to pull that off without wiping out. Transitions are hard, but don’t wipe yourself out.
4. Dream big. Dream huge. Have so many friggin dreams coming out of your pores that you could live a million lifetimes and still not do everything you want to do. And get excited about those dreams, let them fuel you, burning inside, creating a fire that saturates your entire being in passion. I want to be so floored by your ideas, I want to think to myself “wow, shit, this dude has it going on, what a freaken awesome future it’s going to be”.
5. Don’t think negative thoughts. Ever. Of course you’re going to get depressed and down on yourself if you’re always thinking how bad everything is. You’re amazing, you’re beautiful, you’re going to achieve some cool things. Over think that shit.
6. When you wake up in the morning, don’t let the first thing you do be checking your frigging social media on your phone or laptop. That’s a terrible way to start the day. Throw on some killer tunes and dance around, or peace out and do yoga and mediate, or go for a run, or surf or eat peanut butter toast and think about all the amazing shit you will do that day. It’s going to be a sweet day. And make juice. Nothing bad has ever begun with you making juice, it’s just the truth.
7. Never ever ever ever ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever ever waste your time on someone who doesn’t make you a priority. Ever. Forever. You are amazing, remember. You are beautiful. You are talented and unique. And you are you. If they don’t see that, jokes on them, I feel sorry for them. And like TD says, There are people who can walk away from you. And hear me when I tell you this! When people can walk Away from you: let them walk. I don’t want you to try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you, staying attached to you. I mean hang up the phone. When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left. You will find a superstar in life, trust me
8. Be the most positive, and inspiring person you know. It’s infectious, and it will change your life. Just try it for a week and see what happens. Treat everybody like a king, listen to them when you talk to them, really listen to them. Remember people’s names. And use them. Remember as much as you can about people. It’s awesome. It’s the road to being a cool dude or chick that people want to share their lives with.
9. Never be afraid to talk about the cool shit you have done. There is nothing wrong with that, it is possible to separate yourself from your ego and still tell amazing stories. If someone asks you about your weekend, let them know you went surfing on the most beautiful waves you will ever see, tell them about the cool health organic lunch you made with your sister and how it was the best damn salad you have ever compiled, and how you went busking with people you have never met and ended up at some cool party with the dude that played Legolas in lord of the rings movies, and then watched the stars with him while asking deep questions about the universe. How cool is the universe? When they just say they watched TV all weekend, well bummer. Tell them to turn off the TV and do some amazing things themselves. We are all amazing. People are amazing.
10. And the last one. Love change. Live for change. Make change burgers for lunch everyday. Walk to work a different way everyday. It keeps everything interesting, which is essential to loving life.
You’re amazing and beautiful and your life is yours and it’s so short. Don’t settle, live the life you want. Don’t worry about being single, I can promise you if you begin to realise a millionth of your potential people are going to want to be in your life, or your lover. And just don’t live in delusion; be real and honest about where you are in your journey. You need that honesty to self-assess. .It’s like if you’re not here, where the hell are you? Living in the future with some fantasy of how it’s going to be or how it’s been in the past? I wrote it to remind me to be right here in the moment because the mind’s always trying to take you somewhere else.